- Peel the turnips, wash and cut into cubes. Peel the potatoes, wash and dry them and cut into cubes more or less large as those of turnips.
- Clean the white part of the leek and cut it into thin slices, rinse it well to eliminate any residual earth. Do the same with the central and soft part of the green leaves of leek, obtaining some thin slices that you will use to decorate the dish, wash them well, dry them with paper towels and keep them aside.
- In a saucepan with high sides, melt 25 g of butter and add the sliced white leek. Stew gently over a moderate flame, stirring occasionally until it’s soft and translucent.
- Add the turnip and potato cubes and stir to flavor. Salt and pepper lightly and add the stock. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and continue cooking with the lid for about 20 minutes.
- Spent this time, add the rice, stir and cook without lid for 15-18 minutes or for the cooking time of the rice indicated on the package. If you prefer a less dense soup, add a little stock at a time to the desired consistency.
- Turn off and add the remaining butter and parmesan, stirring well to melt them.
- Private the cheese from the crust and cut into small cubes. Put someone on the bottom of 4 bowls and pour the soup still boiling, so that it starts to melt.
- Decorate with the remaining cheese cubes and the leek slices kept aside, which will slightly wither in contact with the hot soup. Ultimate with a light sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately.